Noteworthy Composer & Noteworthy Player
Setting Up Your Browser
to Recognize and Launch .nwc files
From Netscape (tried on Netscape 3.01)
- Pull down "Options" Menu
- Select "General Preferences"
- Click the "Helpers" tab on the General Preferences box
- Click the button to "Create New Type" at the lower right of the display window
- A box will appear saying "Configure New MIME Type"
- For web pages on Tripod (this one) and Earthlink, the Type is "application"
and the Subtype is "nwc"
- For some other web pages, including www.noteworthycomposer.com,
the Type is "application" and the Subtype is "octet-stream"
- After saving the Type and Subtype, type "nwc" in the File Extensions field
- Right below the File Extensions field, select "Launch Application" as the
action to be taken
- Now you will have to enter a file path for the application to launch. This will
typically be as follows:
- Noteworthy Composer -- C:\Program Files\Noteworthy Composer\Nwc32.exe
- Noteworthy Player -- C:\Program Files\Noteworthy Composer\NWPlayer.exe
- The easiest way to set up the file path is by using the "Browse" button
From Netscape 4.7
- Pull down the "Edit" menu
- Select "Preferences"
- Select "Applications"
- A dialog box should appear for you to enter the information on the new application
From Microsoft Internet Explorer (tried on IE 4.0)
- Internet Explorer appears to be launching the application properly without programming a
helper. Please email me if you have difficulties or a procedure. You can also consult Noteworthy Composer's website which has
extensive online support.
Home Back to Jam School
Technical Page Back to Noteworthy Composer Page
Back to Jam School Email Me